It is proposed the sale of an antique eighteenth-century Palace, owned by the family of the Marquis De Torres and situated in the quiet historical center of Silvi Paese, on top of the hill and a few steps from the Adriatic Sea. The Palace overlooking the Corso Umberto I, on the corner with Fuschi alley. The alley was also called “Concettina woman”, name of the last heir of the Marquis . Brother Don Peppino is the one who has left a brief history of Silvi.
The ancient walls of Casa de Torres have been completely renovated, respecting the history they tell us, and the ancient frescoes on the ceilings preserved, restored and enhanced. At the same time, however, beyond the usual technological systems of civilian homes, there are additional amenities, such as burglar alarm, the video, the preparation for ADSL and Satellite for TV and mobile phone .
The house, fully restored with marble floors and wooden floors and doors built in the respect of its history, it consists of a large entrance, through a marble staircase leads to the first floor of the house and then, through a second staircase, parquet, on the second floor. The first floor consists of a large bright room located at the end of the staircase which leads to a studio with fireplace and frescoes. A second door leads to a hallway with frescoed ceiling with “Terpsichore”, Muse of Dance and Music, which leads to the different rooms of the house: a TV room with a large fireplace and the frescoed ceiling with two “Putti” , a very wide living room with the ceiling frescoed with “Bacchus” images, a furnished kitchen and a living.Another wide hallway leads to a bedroom, a study and a bathroom entirely in green marble and features a bath. In the first floor is a utility room where there is the ancient scale of the dwelling.
The second floor , which is accessed through a luxurious wooden staircase, has two bedrooms with sea view, a room with lockers, a marble bathroom and parquet amber with a jacuzzi for two people, a second bathroom with shower, a closet. The rooms are connected by a corridor bright thanks to the presence of a skylight . At the same floor there aretwo terraces : the first, large and usable for dinners and parties, you can see the sea, the beautiful mountains of the Gran Sasso, the Cerrano tower and on a clear day the Conero. The second, used for cocktails or dinners for a few people, you see the country, Pescara and the Majella.
History of the Marquis de Torres
A branch of de Torres family, originally from Spain, passed in the Kingdom with LUIGI who was archbishop of Salerno and member of the Supreme Council of the Emperor Charles V-Spain . He took the habit of Malta in 1574 and EGIDIO (n.1754) was a knight of Jerusalem. Don HERANANDO de Torres, belonged to the Order of St. James of the Sword, was sent as ambassador by the Catholic king at the Pontifical Court. LUDOVICO and Cosimo were appointed cardinal in 1606 and in 1622 respectively; the first was a friend and patron of the poet Torquato Tasso . FRANCESCO de Torres husband of Luisa Severino obtained the title of Duke on the surname. In 1623 the House was awarded the title of Marquis of Pizzoli, the feud in the province of Aquila; the title passed in the house Dragonetti, following Laura de Torres († 1838) married the Marquis Giulio Dragonetti. The family de Torres is registered in the Regional Registry Napolitano with the title of Noble Eagle Patrizia.
320 square meters approximately
Class “G” – EPgl 268.4 KWh / m² Year